Designing user interfaces and user experiences (UI/UX) is an increasingly in-demand skill in the tech industry. According to LinkedIn’s Emerging Jobs Report, the demand for UI/UX designers in India increased by 52% in 2020, and job openings in the field grew by 22% in the past year.
UI/UX design is now the third most in-demand skill in India’s tech industry, making it a promising career path for those interested in the field.
Whether you’re a beginner looking to get started in the field or an experienced designer looking to expand your skills, many courses can teach you about UI/UX design. However, with so many options, it can be difficult to determine which online Ui/Ux courses/curriculum is the best fit for you.
In this blog, we will explore the various factors to consider when selecting a UI/UX design course, including cost, length, content, format, and reputation. We will also provide a list of affordable courses in UI/UX design that are available virtually, self-paced, or in person.
By the end of this blog, you will have a better understanding of what to look for in a UI/UX design course and how to find the one that is right for you.
What factors to weigh in before picking your next Ui/Ux Program?
When it comes to choosing a course in UI/UX design, there are several factors to consider in order to find the one that is right for you. Some of the key factors to look for include the cost of the course, the length of the course, the content covered in the course, the format of the course (e.g., online or in-person), and the reputation of the course provider.
- The online Ui/Ux courses’ cost can vary widely, from a few hundred bucks to several thousand dollars. While it’s important to consider your budget, be sure to also think about the overall value of the course, including the content, support, and resources provided.
- The length of a course can also vary, from a few weeks to several months. Consider how much time you have to devote to the study and whether you prefer a shorter, more intensive program or a longer, more flexible program.
- The content of a course is also important, as different courses will cover different aspects of UI/UX design. Be sure to review the course syllabus or curriculum to get a sense of what will be covered in the course and whether it aligns with your goals.
- The format of a course, whether online or in-person, can also impact your learning experience. Consider whether you prefer the flexibility of an online course or the structure and support of an in-person course.
- Finally, it’s essential to choose a course from a reputable provider with a track record of producing successful graduates. Research the provider online, read reviews from past students and ask for recommendations from industry professionals. Make sure you pick a program, that offers industrial exposure so that it can help you with your professional reach.
Top Platforms to learn Ui/Ux & Design Thinking
1. ZEN Certified Ui/Ux Program
ZEN is a learning platform that offers a mentor-led UI/UX design program called the “ZEN Certified UX Designer.” The program is designed to help students develop the skills needed to design intuitive and user-friendly products. The program covers a range of topics, including user research, prototyping, and design principles, and includes hands-on projects and mentorship from industry experts.
The program is self-paced, with a duration of around 3-4 months, and is offered at a cost of INR 89,999. Students who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and will have the opportunity to showcase their work in a portfolio. Overall, the ZEN Certified UX Designer program appears to be a comprehensive and affordable option for those interested in learning more about UI/UX design.
It also features numerous Ui/Ux projects from recreating the Netflix Landing Page to creating a user interface for an e-commerce platform. The Program also offers its candidate an opportunity to work with GUVI (The parent company) and its products over Ui/Ux projects, which can help them build an expanded portfolio.
2. Coursera’s Ui/Ux Design Specialisation
Coursera is an online learning platform that offers a variety of courses in UI/UX design, including courses from top universities and institutions. Prices for Coursera courses start at around $29 per month, and financial aid is available for those who qualify. Coursera online Ui/Ux courses are known to bring a design-centric approach to UI and UX design. It offers a hands-on experience with skill-based vetted instructions, all centered around a visual communications perspective.
Coursera provides the flexibility to learn at your own pace and also offers a holistic 4-course bundle to assist you to demonstrate all stages of the Ui/Ux development process, information architecture, and scope for ideating, creating, and developing sitemaps or wireframes.
3. Google’s UX design Professional Certificate
The Google UX Design Professional Certificate offered by Coursera is a comprehensive program designed to teach students the skills needed to design intuitive and user-friendly products. The program is divided into three courses, covering topics such as user research, prototyping, and design principles. Each course includes hands-on projects, interactive exercises, and feedback from industry experts.
The program is self-paced, with a duration of around 3-4 months, and is offered at a cost of $399. Students who complete the program will receive a certificate of completion from Coursera and Google. This certificate program is a great option for those interested in learning more about UI/UX design and building a career in the field. It is taught by experienced professionals and offers a thorough, practical education in UX design.
In this course, you will have the opportunity to learn and practice foundational UX concepts, such as user-centered design, accessibility, and equity-focused design. You will also get to apply these concepts through hands-on projects, including the creation of a professional UX portfolio that features three end-to-end projects: a mobile app, a responsive website, and a cross-platform experience.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills and portfolio to start your career in UI/UX design. This professional certificate from Coursera is a comprehensive and hands-on program that is well-suited for those looking to break into the field.
4. General Assembly’s UX Design Course
General Assembly offers a UX design course that is designed to teach students the skills needed to design intuitive and user-friendly products. This in-person course covers a range of topics, including user research, prototyping, and design principles, and includes hands-on projects and feedback from industry experts. The course is typically scheduled for 10 weeks, with classes held on a part-time basis, and is offered at a cost of around $4,500. (Effectively Increased from $3950 in January 2013)
Upon completing the course, students will receive a certificate of completion from the General Assembly and will have the opportunity to showcase their work in a portfolio. If you are interested in learning more about UX design and prefer an in-person learning environment, this course from General Assembly may be a good fit for you. It is taught by experienced professionals and offers a practical, hands-on education that is geared toward preparing students for careers in the field. The best part about this costliest addition to our list is that the platform has connections with 19k+ hiring partners around the world including all Fortune 500 companies.
5. Udemy Courses
Udemy is an online learning platform that offers a wide range of courses in UI/UX design, including courses from top instructors. Prices for Udemy courses start at around $9.99 or 499 INR, and new courses are frequently added to the platform.
Here are a few examples of Udemy courses in UI/UX design:
- “The Complete UI/UX Design Course” is a comprehensive course that covers a range of topics, including user research, prototyping, and design principles. The course is self-paced and includes lifetime access to course materials, as well as a certificate of completion.
- “UI/UX Design Bootcamp” is an intensive course that covers the fundamentals of UI/UX design, including user research, prototyping, and design principles. The course includes hands-on projects and feedback from industry experts and is suitable for both beginners and experienced designers.
- “The Complete Web Design Course: From Sketch to HTML” is a course that focuses on the design and development of websites, including topics such as user research, prototyping, and design principles. The course includes hands-on projects and is suitable for both beginners and experienced designers.
Overall, Udemy is a great platform for finding affordable courses in UI/UX design. With a wide variety of courses available and flexible pricing, it’s a good option for those looking to learn more about UI/UX design at their own pace.
In conclusion, there are many options available for those looking to learn more about UI/UX design. From online courses to in-person programs, there is a course that can fit nearly any budget and schedule. When choosing a course, be sure to consider factors such as cost, length, content, format, and reputation. With the right course, you can gain the skills and knowledge needed to start a rewarding career in UI/UX design.
Zen Class has recently unveiled its latest certified Ui/Ux program to help learners step into the field of Ui/Ux Designing & democratize product design skills. We’re glad to offer dedicated career guidance & mentoring from experts who know them best.
- The 3-month live program will help you become a certified Ux/Ux designer, featuring Ux processes, design systems, responsive UI, & more.
- You will also get real-world exposure by creating the layout & interface for GUVI products & other projects.
- You will be actively working with top designing tools such as Figma, Adobe Suite, Miro Board & more.
- The program harbors a project-based learning environment and you will undertake key projects that you can later add to your portfolio.