Adobe Photoshop is a very popular graphic designing tool to create passport size photo in photoshop that is used by millions. Every photographer uses Photoshop to touch up the photo.
Photoshop is used widely to create every type of photo, reference images, creating concept art, and many more
Adobe Photoshop is recommending software for passport size photos. Make a passport size photo every day is a very boring task.
Make a passport size photo is a necessary task for every Photoshop professional. You can create a passport photo automatically or manually. And The Best part?
You can create your Passport size picture Automatically in one click
How do I make a passport size photo?
You can make passport size photo using Photoshop or any online generator or use Photoshop Action.
What is Passport Photo Size?
The recommended size of Passport Photo is 1.2 x 1.5 in and Ticket or Stamp Photo size is 0.7 X 0.9 inch
What is the Best Way to Create Passport size photo ?
Photoshop action is the best way to create passport size photo
How to Change Background of Any Passport Size Photo
The most recommend background for a Passport or Stamp size photo is the Blue background. So let’s start:-
- Open your photo in Photoshop
- You can select your photo by Magic Wand tool, Pen tool, or any other of your favorite tool.
- After Selection of Your Photo, Right Click on Photo then Click on Select Inverse
- When you click on Select Inverse, Your background will be selected.
- Now You Can Change color by Click on the Color box or You can use a Shortcut like CTRL + Backspace or Alt + Backspace.
- Or You can delete the Background, Create a New Layer, and Drag and Drop your Background image in a new layer. After that you down this layer.
How to Clean Your Photo?
If Your Photo is Light or Dark, Clean or Dirty. If your photo is Good then don’t worry. But if your photo needs some work, then you can apply some Photoshop tips to clean your Photo
- Go to Image Adjustment >> Adjustment >> Brightness/Contrast and Play with the tools, when you are satisfied, you can close this tool.
- You can use Adjustment >> Level to shine your photo.
- Go to Image >> Adjustment >> Curves to Brighten of Darken the Photo.
- Go to Image >> Adjustment >> HDR tunning, In this tool, you will lot of options to optimize your photo like Gamma Correction, Shadow, Highlight.
- These are the most used to clean any Photo, But Photoshop has many tools to clean any photo, you can try yourself with tools best work for your photo, You can also use some filter like JPEG Clean up.
How to Create a Passport Photo in Photoshop Manually
Creating a passport size photo with Adobe Photoshop is a very easy task. You can understand the Photoshop tools before creating a perfect passport size photo.
Here is the quick guide to All Photoshop tools. You can follow the below step to create a perfect passport photo.
- Open any photo in Photoshop for the sample.
- Select the Crop Tools
- After the Crop tool selected, You will see an option bar at the top.
- If You have Photoshop’s Latest version like CS4, CS5, CS6, then you will see a lot of options such as ratio, auto, Width height, and Resolution.
- If You see this option, you can select Width, Height, and Resolution.
- For Passport Size Photo the recommended size is Width = 1.2, Height = 1.5 Resolution = 300, don’t forget to set the Pixel / inch instead or Pixel / Cm.
- If You use Older Photoshop like Photoshop 7.0, Now you will see the default option.
- Create a new file of your desired size. Recommend page format for passport size 5 x 7, 4 x 6, 8 x 10, 8 x 12, A4.
- Click on the move tool and move the cropped photo to your desired size format.
- Right-click on the photo and select a layered photo then go to the edit menu and click on stroke and enter stroke amount of 2 or 4.
- Click on move and copy your photo by hold the alt button + mouse left click and repeat the process. If you want to copy multiple photos then click CTRL + E to select multiple photos.
Step by Step Guide to Create Stamp or Ticket Size Photo
Stamp size photos are very smaller in size. That’s why we called the ticket size photo. Some online forms asked for ticket size photos instead of Passport size photos.
So its necessary you to learn the how to make ticket size photo also.
For creating a ticket or stamp size photo, it’s just the same process as a passport size photo, You just need to change the size for ticket size photo.
The most recommended size for Creating ticket size photo is Width = 0.7 inches Height = 0.9 inch and Resolution is 300.
Create a Passport photo automatically
You can also create a passport size photo automatically with one click. You can follow the below steps carefully.
- Open any photo for sample and crop the photo with the size of width = 1.2 px height = 1.5 px and Resolution 300 or use Aspect ratio.
- Go to Window > workplace then click on Reset Palette Location.
- You will find many tabs. simply go to the Action tab then click on create a new action. You will find this option at bottom of the action tab indicate by an icon.
- An action box will open with such an option. In the name field give a proper name to understand what type of action you’re created. In function, key choose your function for your action shortcut and tick on shift or ctrl button. After creating an action simply click on the play button.
- Repeat the entire step that I mention in the heading of How to create a passport photo manually.
- Click on the stop button.
- Now you have successfully created an action for the passport photo.
- Open any photo and crop it then press the action key with shift or delete. Your passport photo is created automatically.
- You can also create another shortcut in this way and save your time when creating the passport size photo.
- If you are still confused about how to make photoshop action properly, then you can download some popular photoshop action like 32PP action, 4 x6 photoshop action from
Create Mixed Passport photo automatically
- Create a new folder and copy your entire photo in this folder.
- Go to file > automate then click on contact sheet II.
- A contact sheet II box will open with many options.
- Click on the browse button under the source folder. A browse for folder box open. You can select your folder location and click ok.
- Choose your size in the document section. The default document size is 8 x 10.
- Choose your column and row and under the thumbnail section.
- Choose your font and size for creative caption and hit ok. Your passport photo with caption within minutest depends on the photo.
Create a Passport size photo in multiple sizes
- Go to file > automate then click on the picture package.
- A picture package box will open.
- Go to the source section and choose a folder underuse section and tick on include all subfolders.
- Click on the browse button and choose your photo folder location and click ok.
- Go to the document section and choose your paper size, layout, and resolution. You can see your preview on the right side.
- Go to the label section if you want to add copyright or custom text and click ok.
- Your passport photo created automatically within minutes depending on the photo.
Create a Passport Size photo for your website
- Go to file > automate then click on the web photo gallery.
- A Web Photo Galley box will open.
- Choose your style under the site section.
- Write your personal or company email address under the email section box.
- Leave default extension for HTML.
- Click on the browse button and choose your photo folder location.
- Click on the destination where you want to save your web photo gallery.
- Go to option banner and choose banner under option drop-down list.
- Write your desired name under site name, photographer, contact info, date, etc, and click the ok button. Your web photo galley created within a minute. You can share this web photo gallery with your friends on social media or your blog.
Create and Save Passport size Photo Automatically
- Go to file > automate then click on the batch.
- A Photoshop batch dialogue box will open.
- Choose the action you created earlier under the action section.
- Choose folder under source section then click on choose and choose photo folder.
- Tick on override action open command, include all subfolder and untick on suppress color profile warning.
- You can select a folder under the destination box.
- Tick on override action saves as the command.
- Click on the choose button under the destination section and select the location where you want to save the photo.
- Go to the file naming section and choose the document name in one box and choose extension in the second box from the dropdown list.
- Choose to stop for error under the error section and hit ok.
- Your photo creates and saves automatically.
- If you see an error like this: not enough memory then choose to save and Close under the destination section and save your entire photo one by one.
Passport Size Photo Template
Once You create Your photo, you can save your template for future use. Most professional photographers save templates to save time.
or If you do not understand, how to make the photo, so you can also use a 5 X 7 passport size photo template, You can just drag and drop your photo in this template.
How to Print Passport Size Photo in Best Quality?
So, you learned all the way to make passport size picture, Now we can discuss, how we can print our photo in the best quality possible. Lets deep dive in
- The Simple answer is, press CTRL+ P, and Print is and is so simple.
- But if You’re serious about printing the best quality photo.
- For passport size photo print, use only High-quality glossy paper, and the Best printer is Epson Photo Printer because it is cheap and gives you the best quality print.
- In The printer Setting, You can Set Printing Quality to Epson Premium Glossy and High.
- After that you can print, It takes some time to Print your photo of the best quality.
So I share all of the ways to create a passport type photo, You can create your photo manually, automatically, create Photoshop action to save, or use a printing quality setting to print out the best quality photo, So, I want to know if I miss something, or you can share your thought in the comment section. I am waiting for your reply.